COMMON TRAINING PROGRAM (CTP)
Common Training Program is the initial training designed for directly recruited officers in different Occupational Groups after the annual competitive examination for Central Services conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission. Presently the duration of this training is 26 weeks. 45th CTP commenced on 18th September, 2017 and concluded on 28th March, 2018.
Aims and Objectives
CTP aims to transform erstwhile college students into Civil Servants, who are enabled to perform their duties judiciously, effectively and economically in accordance with the law. Its objectives are:
- To Promote harmony amongst the probationary officers belonging to various regions and Federal Services of Pakistan.
- To facilitate an understanding of the social, political, economic, administrative and national security related issues that confront Pakistan.
- To equip the Probationary officers with basic knowledge and administrative skills required for their future responsibilities.
- To sensitize the probationary officers about the need for integrity, discipline and effectiveness for optimization of public value and providing improved service deliver to the people – particularly the poor and the disadvantaged.
- To enable the probationary officers to play their role as future leaders within the civil service of Pakistan.